It is a glorious day for cookies!
For my first year participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, I made scrumptious s’more cookies. Though this is a little deviant of my normal style of food, it is still a delicious treat, and most importantly–still homemade. Homemade is always best. Next year I’ll be starting early to create my own cookie creation without the processed sugars and gluten. Check this post for information about the cookie swap and the cookies I received from others.
This is a much beloved recipe I got from my friend Amanda a few years back. Delicious graham crackery goodness, chocolate, and marshmallows—it’s a sure winner. The cookies are pretty easy to make and they work well as gifts or for cookie exchanges! They’re also good for any time of year–though I won’t lie, I’ve made Christmas cookies in the summer. Who can say no to peppermint flavors?
So enjoy these guys, I had a blast making them and look forward to participating in the Great Food Blogger’s Cookie Swap again in 2016. If you have a food blog, you can sign up here to receive a reminder when the sign up goes live.
In a large bowl, combine both your sugars and butter and mix until fluffy.
Add your egg and vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine your flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda, and whisk together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
Add those chocolate chips, and get ready to roll them into balls and stick them in the oven!
Pull them out of the oven after 8 minutes. It’s time to add the s’more goodness! Top the cookies with chocolate bar pieces and marshmallows. You’ll have to press them in so the pieces won’t fall out. Don’t be afraid of hurting the cookie, it’ll pop back up after going back in the oven. After adding all the goodies, you’ll return them to the oven for 2-3 minutes.
When the cookies area ll done, place them on a rack to cool.Print
Delicious graham crackery goodness, chocolate, and marshmallows—these s’more cookies are a sure winner.
- 3/4 cup of real butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1–2 chocolate bars, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup marshmallows
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease or line cookie sheet with a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda and whisk together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine.
- Roll about a tablespoon of the dough in your palms and create little balls. Place them about two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove the cookies from the oven.
- Press chocolate bar pieces and marshmallows onto each cookie.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on a rack.
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- My Thoughts on Tomorrow’s Cochlear Implant Surgery - April 19, 2022
- Spicy Scalloped Yams - January 22, 2022
- The Best Hot Cocoa - December 12, 2021
Leave a Reply