It’s chicken wing time!
Honestly, the inspiration for this post was someone mentioning the Super Bowl. Being out of the loop on sports always, I thought to myself, man, I love eating wings at football parties. Football parties that I never am invited to anymore because I don’t actually watch the game. Sorry football lovers.
So wings are good any day, not just for the Super Bowl! Chris loves Thai food and wanted a peanutty sauce with a kick. I took a recipe I have for one of my noodle dishes, and modified it a bit for the wings. The sauce is thick so make sure you spread it out over the wings.
All the delicious ingredients for the sauce all together!
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Line up your chicken on a baking rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. Dab the chicken, front and back, to make sure it’s dry. This will ensure your chicken is nice and crispy!
Once you’ve dried off your chicken, salt and pepper both sides. Place into then oven for 50 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
While your chicken is cooking, go ahead and make your sauce. Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend well.
Your chicken should come out of the oven with crispy skin and a lightly browned color.
While your wings are still hot, place them into a large bowl and pour the sauce over them. Mix the wings well, making sure to cover every bit of the wing’s surface. The sauce is thick, so do your best to spread the sauce evenly over the wings.
Garnish with carrots and green onions if desired.Print
A peanut buttery flavored chicken wing with a spicy kick!
- 4lbs chicken wings
- Salt/pepper to Taste
- 2/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 4 TBSP honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2-3 TBSP chili paste
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP sesame seed oil
- Green onions and carrots for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Clean your chicken and place on to the baking rack.
- Dab chicken dry with a paper towel and salt and pepper both sides.
- Place in oven for 50 minutes or until chicken is crispy and cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, make the sauce.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend into a smooth consistency .
- Set aside.
- When chicken is done, place into a large bowl while still hot.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix well, covering the entire surface of the chicken.
- Garnish and serve.
- Enjoy 🙂
What kind of wings do you like to have at parties? Do you prefer the sweet or spicy style wings? Let me know in the comments!