On a happier note, Chinese Cabbage Salad! This stuff is wondrous.
One thing this pregnancy is really making me crave is spicy food. Like super spicy foods. My spice level at Thai or Indian restaurants have gone up from 7-8 (depending on the place) to 8-9. I happened to find some ghost pepper salt from Hepp’s and I’m in love. Pretty much, I’ve been using it in place of my regular salt for everything. The spice is perfect and you can really taste it unlike some flavored salts.
Here in San Diego, it’s about 104 degrees. Kinda crazy. Simply put, we needed a cold salad that still packed a lot of flavor. You can use regular salt, or a different flavored salt (habanero, chili, etc) if you’d like and it should still taste great.
- 1/2 HeadCabbage, sliced finely
- 5Green Onions, diced
- 1 HandfulAlmonds
- 1 TbspButter
- 1/2 PacketUncooked Ramen Noodles, crumbled
- 2 TbspCoconut Sugar (or regular sugar if you want)
- 1/2 TbspBlack Pepper, ground
- 2 TbspSalad Oil (Canola, Vegetable, Olive)
- 1/2 tspGhost Pepper Salt
- 3 1/2 TbspRice Wine Vinegar
- Place sliced cabbage, green onions, and almonds in a bowl.
- In a pan, melt the butter and lightly fry the crumbled ramen noodles till browned.
- Mix together the sugar, oil, pepper, rice wine vinegar and salt and emulsify in a blender.
- Comine all ingredients in the bowl with the cabbage and toss.
Have fun with the salad and everyone stay safe with the fires!
Original recipe adapted from Eating Well Living Thin(er).