Okay guys, I know it’s the week of Thanksgiving, but I have ONE more recipe to share with you. Gorgonzola mashed potatoes. That’s right! The creation of the recipe is due to a secret of mine. A secret I am now going to confess to you…
Rarely do I ever put gravy on my potatoes.
I know, I know, you probably think I’m crazy. I just never do. Personally, I like my potatoes to be flavored instead of having to rely on the rich liquid gold that people lather all over their plate. Once I even forgot to make gravy for a family gathering. I’m a terrible person I know.
To prevent that from happening this year, I actually made Thanksgiving Day gravy this morning. I have the creamy base all set up, and once the turkey is finished, I’ll add some of the drippings into the already made gravy, mix it to a nice consistency, and heat it up. Now I just need to buy a gravy boat (I tell myself this every year).
So these mashed potatoes do not actually need gravy, but you’re more than welcome to use it!
Let’s get this recipe going!
Add your potatoes to salted water and bring to a boil. Once the potatoes are tender and you can stick a fork through them, turn off the heat, and drain the water from the pot. Here you will add your butter, some of the milk, salt, pepper, garlic, and mash!!
Crumble your cheese into the mash. Slowly add the rest of milk as you mash everything together. Bring the potatoes to your desired consistency.
Look at all the little gorgonzola specks! Yum!!!Print
Delicious mashed potatoes flavored with rich gorgonzola cheese
- 3lbs of Potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- – Put the potatoes in a large pot, and add enough salted water to cover the potatoes.
- – Bring the water to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- – Drain water and use a potato masher or immersion blender to start mashing the potatoes.
- – Add 2 TB of butter cut into multiple pieces to help distribution.
- – Slowly add milk and continue mashing.
- – Crumble the gorgonzola and add to potatoes. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- – Mash the potatoes to your preferred consistency.
- – Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6