|Can’t celebrate the holidays without broccoli soup!|
Every holiday season, since I was a wee little one, and long before I was even born–there was soup at my grandma’s house. Two different types of soup to be exact: chili and broccoli cheddar. We would eat this usually every Christmas Eve and honestly, it doesn’t feel like the holidays to me if I don’t have it. Broccoli cheddar is particularly my favorite.
The soup is easy to make, and can be made in a crockpot for extra ease. With cheese flavor and a bit of zing from the salsa, it’ll warm a cold winter heart in no time.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup for the Holidays
- 1 HeadBroccoli, diced
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 CanCream of Potato Soup
- 1 CanCream of Celery Soup
- 1 CanWater
- 2 CansMilk
- 2 TBSPSalsa
- Handful or More to your tasteShredded Cheese
- To TastePepper/Salt
- Stir fry the diced onion and diced broccoli in water.
- After the vegetables have softened, place in a large pot.
- Add the Cream of Potato, Cream of Celery, Water, Milk, and Salsa and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cheese at the very end and allow to melt into soup.
- Serve and enjoy, adding more salsa or Tabasco if desired to individual bowls.
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- My Thoughts on Tomorrow’s Cochlear Implant Surgery - April 19, 2022
- Spicy Scalloped Yams - January 22, 2022
- The Best Hot Cocoa - December 12, 2021
Leave a Reply