Down South Paleo by Jennifer Robins
Rating overall: 4.5
Yay for today! I am so excited about this project and I am so excited about this recipe! I started with this recipe for a couple reasons:
1) Zucchini bread is dear to my heart. When I was a kid, I entered my zucchini bread in the baking competition at the fair and WON. Oddly, I’ve not entered another food competition since. I’ve actually not thought about this moment in my life until recently. I think I’m going to have to enter this year. The fair is coming soon!
2) I really wanted to make something from this book! I’m going to Georgia and Alabama this summer and I am so excited! What better way to build on that excitement than to cook southern style foods?! Healthy southern food—which kinda sounds like an oxymoron, but we’ll go with it!
So here it is, paleo/grain free zucchini bread. And it was glorious. The texture was soft and fluffy, the flavor was moist and had a nice baked spiciness to it. Not like, WOW SPICY!!! I need water! But the, oh it feels like the holidays spicy!
It didn’t rise as tall as zucchini bread with regular flour in it, but that was to be expected. I am so happy that this recipe called for coconut flour instead of almond flour. I prefer the taste and the texture of baked goods with the coconut flour sooo much more. It doesn’t feel as dense.
It was extra tasty with the chocolate chips!
I’m really looking forward to more of Jennifer Robins’ recipes! Have you guys made anything from Down South Paleo? What southern foods do you like to make? Any recipes I should 100% try?
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- How to Choose the Best Game for Your Crowd - May 13, 2017
- How to Save Money Without Couponing - May 9, 2017
- How to Care for and Maintain Your Wooden Cutting Board - May 8, 2017