A sweet and earthy jam made of figs, strawberries, and honey.
- 1 lb Turkish Figs, quartered
- 1 lb Strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 C + 1 TBSP Honey
- 1/4 C Lemon Juice
- Wash and prepare figs and strawberries.
- In a medium pot, place fruit, lemon juice and 1/2 C of honey (save the 1 TBSP for later).
- Simmer on low for 30-35 minutes.
- When fruit has softened after 30 minutes, turn off the heat and mash with a potato masher.
- Add 1 TBSP of honey or more to desired sweetness. The preserves will taste sweeter when chilled so go light on the honey.
- Place in jars and store in the refrigerator.
- Preserves will last in the refrigerator for about a week.