A luscious, airy dessert. Lemon curd mixed with rich cream is a perfect dessert to any meal.
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter (1 stick), sliced into six pieces
- 1/3 cup Honey (1/2 cup if you prefer sweeter)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 TBSP Lemon juice
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Topping of choice
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT heavy whipping cream into a medium saucepan.
- On medium low heat, stir frequently until the mixture melts together and thickens. The temperature of the curds should reach 165 degrees when done.
- Pour curds through a strainer into a bowl to remove any unwanted pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Place heavy whipping cream in a mixer and whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold cream and curds together well and transfer into serving bowls/cups.
- Refrigerate for 2+ hours to firm.
- Place topping over mousse right before serving.
- Serving Size: 6