These flourless dark chocolate cookies are extremely rich and are great warmed up and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and berries.
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Place your chocolate chips and butter in your double broiler, mixing every so often while chocolate and butter melt.
- When your chocolate mix is smooth, turn heat off and let sit for one minute.
- While the chocolate mix is cooling, add egg whites and vanilla to your dry mix and combine till a creamy texture.
- Add your chocolate to the mix and combine well.
- Scoop your mix into little balls and place on a baking mat on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Once cookies are done, allow them to cool on cookie sheet. Since the cookies are flourless they will break apart if they have not cooled long enough.
- Enjoy by themselves or warmed with vanilla ice cream!
- Serving Size: 9