A traditional Irish dish of potatoes and kale.
- 2 lbs. Potatoes, cut into fours for easy cooking
- 1 bunch of Kale (about 5 stalks), chopped into thin slices
- 1/2 c Heavy Cream
- 1 stick Butter, cut into five pieces
- 5 Green Onions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot filled with water, place the potatoes in the pot and cook until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, sauté kale until it softens a bit and the leaves begin to wilt.
- Turn off heat and add green onions to kale.
- Once the potatoes are ready, drain water and return the pot to the stove.
- Add butter and mash the potatoes.
- Add heavy cream.
- Add the greens into the potatoes and mix well.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.