A delicious and easy cranberry sauce that will leave your family and friends requesting it over and over again.
- 12 oz. Bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup Cabernet wine
- 1/2 cup Orange juice (or 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup Honey (or more depending on taste–or 1 cup sugar)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 TB Orange zest (or lemon zest)
- 1/4 cup of cold Water
- – In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the wine, zest, juice, honey, spices, and cranberries and bring to a simmer.
- – Wait for the berries to finish popping (about 10 minutes). The sauce should be thickening.
- – When the popping stops, turn off the heat and add 1/4 cup of cold water. Stir the sauce after a couple minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick and allow to cool.
- – I prefer this chilled, so I usually make this a day ahead of the fest and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- *I’m allergic to oranges which is why I have the option of lemon juice/zest. If you’re not allergic to oranges, please use those for the best taste!
- Serving Size: 6