Crispy bacon, Parmesan, and pomegranate seeds mixed in a bowl of shredded Brussels sprouts then tossed with a creamy dressing—how could you go wrong? This dish is beautiful to look at as well as tasty.
The funny thing about Brussels sprouts, is that I was told how bad they tasted much of my younger life. Brussels sprouts were the things your parents would torture you with because they were supposedly good for you. They were so bad, even adults hated them. I never even had one until later on in life and guess what? I LOVED THEM.
Brussels sprouts are actually trendy.
So many of my friends share this love of the delicious green orbs that were once a feared and forbidden vegetable. They’re popping up left and right in restaurant meanus and in fancy cuisine. They are just soo amazingly good—and you know what? My parents and their friends still typically despise them. Such a shame.
If you’ve never had them, give them a try.
When they’re shredded, the flavor is a little less intense than having to eat a whole bulb. This is actually my very favorite way to eat them!
*I apologize for the lack of photos! I stopped cooking halfway through and the light was gone when I got back to it. The pictures that aren’t shown came out pretty sad.
So let’s get cooking!
Look at how pretty they are! Wash them up!
Before you start anything else, dice up your bacon and cook until crispy. Set aside your pomegranate seeds and shaved Parmesan.
To prepare your Brussels sprouts, trim off the ends and remove any damaged leaves.
If you have a food processor, this is a lot faster. You can throw them in and shred them in seconds. I couldn’t find my attachment, so I cut them by hand.
Throw all the ingredients for the dressing into the blender and blend until smooth. This dressing will stay in the fridge for a couple of days. You can also keep your shredded Brussels sprouts in a bag in the fridge for a day or two if you’d like to prepare everything ahead of time.
Add the bacon and toss the salad with the dressing right before you’re ready to serve. Sprinkle the top with pomegranate seeds and shaved Parmesan.
- 1.5 lbs of Brussels sprouts
- 5 slices of Bacon
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 3 shakes of Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- - Dice and cook bacon until crispy. Set on towel to remove excess oil and allow to cool. Set aside.
- - Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and remove any bad looking outer leaves.
- - Shred the brussels sprouts in a food processor or slice thinly by hand. Set aside.
- - In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until combined.
- - Drizzle dressing (you will have some dressing left over) on top of shredded brussels sprouts and add bacon to the mix. Toss until brussels sprouts are coated.
- - Place in serving bowl and sprinkle pomegranate seeds and shredded parmesan cheese on top.
- -Serve immediately.
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- Ultimate Burger Spreads - June 2, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Game for Your Crowd - May 13, 2017
- How to Care for and Maintain Your Wooden Cutting Board - May 8, 2017