Blueberries + bananas = heaven. A glorious rich taste, this treat combines two great fruits into one buttery, moist bread. I give you blueberry banana bread!
Banana bread is one of my favorite dessert breads–that and butter pound, but that’s for another time. I’ve made a bunch of banana breads from different recipes, some were good, some were okay, a lot were just not that tasty at all.
There was this one recipe from my childhood that I loved with a passion. I have no idea who made the bread, or where I even had it–I just know that it was from when I was little and it was amazing. Since I’ve had the ability to bake in my own home, I’ve been looking for a similar recipe to that delicious, moist, perfectly flavored banana bread.
Well years of searching have finally paid off, because this one comes pretty darn close. And the blueberries… Oh the blueberries, how they add such a fantastic pow to it. I’m not really sure if I’d ever want to make banana bread without blueberries anymore.
- 1 3/4 cupsFlour
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1/8 tspBaking Soda
- 1/4 tspSalt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)Butter (unsalted, and at room temp)
- 1 cupSugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cupButtermilk*
- 1/2 tspVanilla Extract
- 3 Bananas, ripe
- 1 cupBlueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- For wet ingredients: mix sugar and butter together until fluffy in an electronic mixer.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Throw the three bananas into the mix and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredient mixture in slowly.
- With a spatula, mix in the blueberries carefully so not to break them.
- Place batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, regular sized loaf or 30-40 minutes mini loaf.
|They even look cute all wrapped up!|
Latest posts by ApronWarrior (see all)
- Ultimate Burger Spreads - June 2, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Game for Your Crowd - May 13, 2017
- How to Care for and Maintain Your Wooden Cutting Board - May 8, 2017